3/15/12

28 (Non-Cheesy) Outfit Ideas for St. Patty's Day
















































Photos from Cupcakes and Cashmere, Refinery 29, Zara, Anthropologie, Madewell, Brooks Brothers, Sterling Style, Good Life For Less, ASOS, Lucy Laucht


St. Patrick's Day is almost here! I know how excited that makes most of us, and it's on a Saturday to boot. How perfect. I don't know about you but when I think of the holiday immediate thoughts of cheesiness pop into my mind. You know what I'm talking about- boas, tiaras, 'beer goggles', those dorky hats, and let's not forget those super cool tee shirts with the lame pickup lines.

With all this commercialized mumbo jumbo it's hard to find an outfit that sports green, but doesn't make you look like a total tool. So in pursuit of such an outfit, I've scoured the Internet to find what I think to be some of the most fun, but classy outfits perfect for any type of St. Patty's Day shenanigans that you may find yourself getting into.

Colored pants are a fun new way to sport the color without looking like a cheeseball. Pair them with a striped top or color block with a bright to perfect an easy and comfortable look. Or if you're not feeling going the whole nine yards, don a green bag or green shoes (or both!). Military jackets or vests are another way to add some green without that "in your face" factor. Since green is everywhere, it shouldn't be too hard to find a floral green spring dress to wear with wedges or flat sandals for a cute and flirty look. For Madewell's take- simply add a scarf in a similar hue.

What are you planning to wear for St. Patrick's Day?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I am diggin all of this! Thanks for the inspo ;)

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just love these outfits! I am going to a Rodeo on St. Patrick's Day, so I will be wearing cowboy boots. It was really hard finding a green "countryish" dress. I looked everywhere from zara-bcbg-anthro-neimans-saks. Finally found one at Francescas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these ideas are amazing and so perfect for St. Patty's Day. Green and stripes is just brilliant! I'm loving your blog and I'm your newest follower!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover