8/14/11

Casual Style in a Mustard Cardigan












When I think of fall, I think of all the beautiful colors the leaves turn- which of course inspired this color combination. In the interest of continuing to find ways to make your summer wardrobe transition to fall, I started with my favorite pair of denim cutoff shorts. I love these babies but its difficult to wear them out when the temperatures start to drop.

Enter tights. Tights are such a great way to add some warmth and layering to an autumn outfit without also adding the bulk. I plan to look for some more tights with patterns and bright colors to spruce up my wardrobe in the upcoming months.

A mustard yellow cardigan is another basic that I recommend investing in for the fall. Cardigans are one of my main layering pieces during the cooler months, and they look great belted or with a patterned or solid-colored scarf. You may think that this color wouldn't go with anything- but you'd be surprised. I usually wear mine with just about every color- my favorites are purple, black, brown, red, and pink.

Pop of fitness/health: My mother returns from her weekend trip so I'm anxious to hear about what eating habits she maintained, I know I could've done a little better yesterday.. Anyways, I plan to have a nice long afternoon workout here soon and a spinach salad with grilled chicken for dinner. I look forward to changing my breakfast routine to include more protein and healthy fats such as almonds.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this outfit! You have adorable style girl! :)
    xo Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover