9/17/11

Denim on Denim With an Elbow Patch Sweater








So back to equestrian it seems! This outfit was basically inspired by the fact that it's freezing outside! Seriously, I don't know what's going on around here, but the temperature dropped about 30 degrees in the past week. Oh well, guess that's just a good excuse to bust out the cute boots and sweaters ladies!

For this look, I wanted to layer. A LOT. I love sweaters with little patches on the elbows- it just reminds me of herringbone blazers, horse riding, tall boots, and all things Ralph Lauren. I bought this cardigan a few years ago, so I wanted to revive it with a chambray shirt. In order to keep the look casual, I layered the lighter denim over darker denim with these skinny jeans.

Next, I wanted to pull some color from the sweater and integrate it into another part of the outfit. That's where the socks came into play. As if it wasn't hard enough squeezing my already large calves into these boots by themselves, I had to add in jeans and thick socks. Hmph. Oh well, at least it was warm!

For a pop of color, I added this western wooden-beaded statement necklace. With an outfit this muted (well, for me at least!) I felt naked without a pop of bright color. Red was the perfect contrast, while the gold and turquoise played well with the beige and denim. I hope you guys enjoy! Keep warm!


P.S.- I'm so excited to have made Chictopia's style gallery yesterday for the 2nd time! It's really encouraging to have my photo featured on such an amazing site. Thank you guys for all of your support :)


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover