1/26/12

Men's Style: Casual Gingham & Half Zip Sweater






Sweater from AE, Corduroy pants from AE via Buffalo Exchange, AE gingham shirt via Plato's Closet, Tie from Marshalls, Clarks Desert Boot



Per reader request, I wanted to do a men's style outfit that fits slimmer men this week! Nate (my boyfriend) is what we consider to be an 'ectomorph'- he is tall and slim, so slimmer fitting clothing works well for his frame.

Since we've been showing a lot of casual outfits for men, I wanted to show a more business casual look. Nate wore this outfit when we went to a friend of mine's wedding this past weekend. Although he was in temporary "clothing hell" for a minute (as he likes to call it haha) while layering, I thought this outfit was perfect for what we had planned that day. We went from a wedding to a night out with friends.

Color, as I'm sure you all know, is one of my favorite things to add in an outfit. I think it's important for men to play with color as well. So many fun prints like gingham (shown here) work great with basic colored sweaters while allowing a solid colored tie pull even more color into the outfit. The half zip sweater dresses a basic button down shirt and tie down a bit, while still keeping it dressy.

Let me know what other looks you're wondering about/want to see featured on men's style Thursdays! :)
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. It looks very nice. I love the dark tone too! It complements the various layers.
    online shopping fashion

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover