This is such a cute bohemian take on the fishtail braid! I tried this the other day, and it was incredibly simple and held all day.
- Start with unwashed hair or let freshly washed hair air dry and intermittently spray sea salt texturizing spray while scrunching hair as it dries. (you can speed up this process by drying with a diffuser)
- Take a 3 inch section of hair at each side of your face; combine both sections into a thin ponytail in the middle of the back of your head. Secure with a small, clear elastic.
- Do a "topsytail" and flip the tail of the pony through the space between the two sections of hair after they're secured.
- With the remaining hair hanging down from the pony, make a fishtail braid. Make sure you're taking really small sections of hair to do your fishtail braid- this creates the super textured and messy look.
- After you're finished braiding, pull the fishtail braid out width-wise and pull random sections out for an even messier look.
- Finish with light hold hairspray.
This is an nice casual look for everyday. I would wear this style at the office or just running errands on the weekend!
- Take unwashed hair or air-dried hair and grab a 4-inch wide section of hair from across your forehead.
- Backcomb the hair and make it into a pouf. Secure with bobby pins & spray with lighthold hairspray.
- Take the remaining ends of the hair your just pinned and make a second pouf (backcomb this section as well) in the middle of the back of your head and secure with bobby pins about 3 inches from the nape of your neck.
- Gather the rest of your hair and combine all sections of hair at the nape of your neck and secure with an elastic.
- Take a small section of hair from this pony and wrap around the elastic to conceal- secure with bobby pins.
- Finish with lighthold hairspray.
The perfect chic hairdo!
- Gather freshly washed and dried hair into a loose pony a couple inches from the nape of your neck.
- Make a loose topsytail by parting hair to make a small hole right above the secured elastic and flipping the pony over the elastic and through the parted hair.
- Fishtail braid the pony for about 3-4 inches.
- Secure with an elastic and wrap a ribbon around to conceal.
Boho-chic and casual hairdo perfect for the weekend!
- Spray dry hair with sea salt texturizing spray and scrunch between your fingers.
- Dry excess moisture with a diffuser.
- Part hair right over the left eye (side part).
- Grab a 2 inch section of hair from the side part and bring it across your forehead.
- Begin braiding this section when hair reaches right above your right eye.
- Braid entire section and pin tightly to your head.
- Loosely pull hair out from underneath the braid and finish with lighthold hairspray.
- This hairstyle works best with hair that hasn't been washed in at least a day.
- Take a 3 1/2-4 inch section of hair from the middle of the back of your head and divide it into two sections.
- Make a small pouf with each section and pin them side by side.
- Take the remaining hair from the far right and fair left sides of your head and twist each side loosely until it meets with the two poufs your just made.
- Pin each side underneath each pouf respectively.
- Take the remaining hair from the two poufs you made in the beginning and wrap the ends around the bottom of the twists (on each side) and pin underneath each of your ears.
- Pull random sections loose to frame your face and curl with a 2'' barrel curling iron.
- Curl the remaining hair on the ends and shake loose.
- Pin sections that feel loose as necessary and finish with lighthold spray.
All images via Pinterest