1/30/12

The New Trench Coats: How to Wear Them






Trench coats are perfect for spring! No matter what color or print, they always allude to a look of class. Here are my picks for the new trench coats of spring 2012.

Brights are definitely still heavily on the scene this year, so why not wear something bright and cheery like this trench in a fun yellow hue? I paired it with a leopard scarf, tortoise sunglasses and this beautiful Chanel quilted brown bag. Brights, in my opinion, are best styled with neutrals so that their true colors can really shine through!

The leopard patterned scarf is the perfect touch of detail to add to the fun-factor of this coat. While the leopard print draws attention, it still allows the bright yellow to take center stage!

Speaking of leopard prints, I thought this satin animal printed trench coat was so eye-catching yet classically chic. The print is a modern twist on this classic style coat without being obnoxious or cheap looking. The texture is also perfect for putting a girly spin on a fierce print.

I paired this coat with a gorgeous flower pin from H&M (only $6!) to bring out a classic pop of color. I love the look of adding details like this to outerwear, I think it gives it a bit of a personal style touch, which is nice. Because of the loud print and neutral colors, I thought this Proenza Schouler messenger bag was the perfect addition. Taking all of its colors from the trench, this bag complements the coat beautifully and bonus- is functional!

Being a huge fan of bohemian accessories, I naturally gravitated toward this feather embellished fedora. I think it's important to add a touch of personal style to any outfit, and though this hat makes a statement, its color is subdued enough to mesh well with the leopard print.

Colorblocking continues to be huge this season! I was ecstatic when I saw this colorblocked version of a trench coat. The pink and orange are in trend (colorblocking within the same color family is big right now) and are nice highlights to the khaki base color in the coat.

A colorblocked trench doesn't really need much else to make it stand out- it IS the statement! I loved the look of a floppy fedora and simple black ankle booties to match this coat. Keeping it simple and chic is the name of the game here! This Marc Jacobs handbag, however, is to die for! It's the perfect pop of color to bring out the bit of orange we see in the collar of the trench.

Which is your favorite combination? What trench coats are you loving right now?
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! They are all so amazing! I love love love the yellow trench coat & all of the accessories are must haves!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover