Thrifted silk top, Pants from Marshalls, Steve Madden wedges, AE belt, Steve Madden clutch, Necklace from Body Central
I tried this hairstyle for the first time the other day and I absolutely love it! Best of all: it's so easy! Here's how to do it:
- Start with unwashed hair (best for the texture) and don't add any product.
- Section off a part of your hair extending from one inch to the outside of each eye and backcomb.
- Make the section into a pouf and secure with bobby pins.
- Take the hair that remains from what you pinned and gather that.
- Combine this section of hair with pieces of hair to the right and left of that section (approximately 2 inches on each side) and backcomb entire section.
- Make a smaller pouf and pin this section as well.
- Gather all of the hair that remains and loosely pull back into a low ponytail at the base of your neck.
- Fasten with a hairband, and take a 1/2'' section of hair from the pony to wrap around the band.
- Take 2 bobby pins and pin the end of the hair that wrapped around the band underneath the pony.
- Finish with lighthold hairspray.
This hairdo is so insanely easy, I call it my "didn't wash my hair" look. haha! Honestly, it's much easier to achieve this look when your hair hasn't been washed for a day. If you have thin hair like mine, it gives it some much needed texture that helps when you're trying to get some volume in the "poufs". Let me know if you tried this and how it worked out for you!
I'm a sucker for warm weather, but we haven't been getting a lot lately. Guess I shouldn't complain too much, we've only gotten about 21 inches of snow this entire winter which for us is excellent! So because I couldn't wait for spring to get here, I wanted to colorblock with extremely bright colors! I just bought these pants the other day from Marshalls for $7 (they're still on sale now!) and I fell in love with them! Such a nice hue that crosses between neon and pastel.
The very same day, I went thrifting and found this fuchsia silk button down shirt. Of course I'm hitting it up on Wednesday because everything's half off! Couldn't believe I scored this for $2. It's so soft and the color is perfect. I can't wait to layer this under practically everything!
If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I announced some exciting news yesterday! I am so thrilled to tell you that Marshalls called and they are now a sponsor of Pop of Style! I can't wait to share with you all of the wonderful brand name handbags, shoes, accessories, and clothing that they have to offer for reasonable prices. I, myself, shop there quite often and you can't beat the prices.
Hope everyone had a fantastic and relaxing weekend!
And even though it's Monday, remember...