2/3/12

Black Leopard







Thrifted leopard top, AE belt, PacSun cords, Mock turtleneck top from Express, Necklace from Clothes Mentor, Chanel earrings, Zigi Soho boots



One of the most interesting things about working with children with Autism is trying to figure out what in the heck is appropriate to wear around them while taking into consideration the fact that you'll probably be chasing them around at some point in the day. (not to mention the secondary outfit must- to remain somewhat stylish while doing so) This is always a challege for me specifically every Monday and Wednesday.

So, in saying so, this is what I wore to work on Wednesday. I've been on the fence about wearing turtlenecks (basically my whole life) until I found some beautiful inspiration photos (yeah you guessed it...on Pinterest). To be completely honest, I almost threw this particular top away a few months ago along with it's counterpart, a pink/purple version.

Since them, I realized that I could layer it with in-trend prints to update the piece and take away its previous "momish" persona. In the end, I love it! I think that you can totally transform the look of a turtleneck simply by adding some unexpected basics like this leopard top or a chambray shirt underneath. When you layer with these pieces, the look instantly goes from stuffy to trendy. (Not to mention perfect for work!) What do you think?
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I looooooove that this is super classy with the black and leopard and that darling necklace...and yet the belt and boots casual-down the whole look. You made the leopard look amazing!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single thing about this outfit! It's so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work with children with Autism? I din't know.. I used to volunteer too. :)
    This outfit is pure perfection! Love it!

    Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover