10/7/11

Tie-Dyed Mini & a Cropped Black Blazer











    • Blazer from Marshalls
    • Free People skirt
    • Tee & booties from Charlotte Russe
    • Socks from Target
    • Candies necklace
    • Lips: Revlon's Just Bitten in Twilight

I rarely go to black when I begin any outfit, but I haven't worn this beautiful Free People skirt in quite some time and it was gorgeous outside today so I figured I'd bust it out of hiding!

Last time I wore this skirt was in August, when I styled it with boots. For fall, I opted to go with a more sophisticated and polished look- adding knee socks and high-heeled peep toed booties.

Blame it on the 90s, but I usually equate cropped blazers with knee socks and so I had to pull this one out of the back of my closet.

I have a thing for blazers, but lately it has been bright colored blazers that have been getting the play. Yet as soon as I saw this fitted number, I knew I had to keep it in the rotation. So hopefully you'll be seeing more of this this season.

And on a side note- I'm so proud of myself! I bought my first stick of red lipstick yesterday and I was completely ecstatic. I'm usually the sheer pink gloss kind of girl (if I even wear anything on my lips) but I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and try something new. I just may be in love! Can't wait to show you guys!

What I'm wearing in this post is a lipstain, which I am equally excited about- it doesn't smudge or come off and the color lasts all day!



Hope you enjoy this wonderful weather we're getting/about to get this weekend! Happy Friday!
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute outfit!
    i love the over the knee socks that was a nice touch

    lovely blog follow back?

    http://awkwardangelic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the blazers (trend?) going on right now! This one looks great on you. And hooray for red lips :) I recently bought my first red and bright pink lipsticks too (like you, i wore Chapstick or gloss if anything) and have been having so much fun playing with the colors! Have a great weekend!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post, as usually! ;-)
    come to see my new post outfit, on miriamstella's blog!
    i wait for you ! kisses

    Miriamstella (from Italy)
    http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! you look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!

    I really really love this outfit! And these pictures of you are simply gorgeous. You are a babe!
    I love the skirt. I love that you decided to pair it with such toned down basics--the white tee and the black blazer. And knee socks for a cute kick of young and fresh! You're so cute!

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this!
    I really love the high socks and shirt combo !
    I tried to find over the knee pairs with no luck :(
    these ones are pretty high though, so maybe i'll try target online!

    Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great wearing this outfit! These socks look perfect on you. Chic and sexy;)

    Kisses
    Masha

    http://www.fashionmasha.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover