2/29/12

Lumber Jill









Sunglasses gifted by GUESS, Dress from Target, Shirt from Hollister, AE belt, Kenneth Cole Reaction Bright Actress boots



Always on the hunt for ways to transition pieces from season to season, I found a way to do so today with a spring/summer dress. I don't know about you, but if it's between pants and a dress with tights, I'm always picking the dress. Something about the comfort level that does it for me!

To keep this sleeveless number a little more February-friendly, I opted to layer it with a sheer button down that's a bit longer in length. To cinch the middle, I went with an earth-toned waist belt and matched my hiking boots. Hence- "Lumber Jill"! (Nice one, Nate haha)

Of course to keep warm I had to don the tights. Funny story there- I woke up yesterday to go to class and threw on my old pair of navy tights for this outfit. I'm running a bit late (no surprise there) and get out of the car to walk to class only to notice my tights falling down! I don't know if you've ever had this problem, but you could just imagine what I looked like walking to class tugging on my tights, praying they'd stay up. Naturally, I went straight to the store after my first class and promptly bought a new pair!

The long wait for the perfect pair of gold-rimmed aviators has finally come to an end! Guess contacted me and sent me this amazing pair. It's so difficult trying to find a pair of aviators to fit a woman's head, and these definitely fit the bill. Guess which are my new go-to pair!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the layering in this outfit. You look fabulous!

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Adore this look, the checks are really lovely and a belted look is always amazing!

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover