Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful day whether you're with someone or not! Here are some photos I took with my guy the other day (you may recognize them from the last two days' posts here and here!). My outfit was Valentine's Day themed and I did not plan it- but it just happened to work out!
Do you guys have any cool plans for today? I think we're just going to stay in and have dinner- Nate's a fantastic cook (we're having crab alfredo, yes!) and we both have to work/go to class tomorrow. I really do enjoy this day (not because it's cheesy!) but because I love surprising people. I think it's a cool opportunity to show the person you're with how special they are in your own unique way.
And because of this special day, I thought I'd share some cool date ideas I came across!
- Have an amazing homemade steak dinner, then head for the hot tub!
- Attend a small concert then have drinks after
- Snuggle up on the couch to a fire and a good movie you've been wanting to see (bonus if you add hot cocoa!)
- Select a meal from a cookbook that neither of you have tried and cook it together with some wine
- Indulge in a couples massage! (we did this last year and it was UH-MAZING!)
- Have a backwards dinner- start with a delicious dessert, then move on to the main course, then salad, soup, and finish with an appetizer
- Collect old magazines and cut out pictures that remind you of the time you've spent together- make a scrapbook of your time together
- Plan a weekend getaway (even if it's only to the next town over!) and go wine tasting at a place you've never been
- Attend a comedy club and sit in the front
- Have a game night with wine and a homemade appetizer (try Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.!)
- Go sledding or snow tubing!
- Go to a karaoke night with your sweetie!
- At home wine-tasting (Pick a few bottles of wine you've never tried and research appetizers to try with them, make the food and have a private wine/food tasting!)
- At-home couples massage
- Try something new together (Try skiing, snowboarding, test driving a car even!)
Here are some yummy recipes to make for your sweetheart (or yourself!):
The best red velvet cake in the world recipe (I swear by this!)
Angel food cake & strawberries recipe
Hope you all have an amazing Valentine's Day! :)