7/14/11

Polka Dot & Khaki



  • Sleeveless top from Old Navy
  • Steve Madden wedge sandals
  • Shorts from Wet Seal
  • Thrifted scarf
Wow, this is the first day I haven't donned something from my mother's closet this week! It was really hot outside yesterday, so these swingy lightweight shorts did the trick to keep me cool. I wore this outfit to work yesterday because it was a little dressed up but most of all-covered up. This top is one of my favorite staples for summer. I've used it several times as both a tank and a vest, often adding a belt and/or a necklace placed underneath the collar. This shirt's light color helps detract the sunlight and the simple shoulder details give a 'safari' vibe that I find easy to pair with many styles this summer. I added the matching polka dot scarf this time to showcase the print of the shorts. I thought this would be a nice change of pace/alternative to the basic necklace I would normally wear. Hope you enjoy!

Pop of health/fitness:
Eat Purple For Good Health
Scientists believe that eating purple fruit may help ward off age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s, heart problems, and cancer.  The chances of getting multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease may also be reduced by consuming blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants or plums, according to a study by the University of Manchester.  Researchers say one or two of the recommended five daily portions of fruits and vegetables should be purple fruit.
A substance in purple fruit helps fight the harmful effects of iron, which can damage cells if it makes its way through the digestive system in the wrong form.  Polyphenols, which make blueberries and other fruits purple, are able to grab iron and keep it out of harm’s way.  Green tea contains a similar compound, as does curcumin, the key ingredient of the curry spice turmeric.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to make a comment, thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover